NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE HEADED, RENT ONE IS THE PLACE TO START ... IT WILL BE THE BEST DECISION YOU EVER MAKE!
- Ensure the store meets sales targets/goals.
- Analyze sales figures and create future sales forecasting goals and strategies.
- Showcase excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, as well as by following up on work results.
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Ensure availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories.
- Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
The following are vitally important and are skills you should already possess:
- Leadership Skills: You will have several people you need to supervise in addition to handling general complaints, last-minute schedule changes and inventory problems. Assistant Managers are leaders and should represent their company and themselves well by acting as a role model to the people reporting to them. You'll need to keep a level head, be able to multitask and have excellent people skills.
- Organization: There will be a million and one things going on, and as Assistant Manager, everyone will depend on you to have it all worked out for them. You should be able to stay focused during busy times and delegate tasks to employees to keep the business running smoothly.
- Recruiting and Training: Assistant Managers are responsible for supporting and assisting the Store Manager in recruiting and interviewing quality people to staff the location, as well as making sure these new employees’ training transition goes as smoothly as possible. You should be a good teacher with the ability to manage different personality types that all require different management approaches in order to help employees advance in their responsibilities.
- Friendly, Enthusiastic and Outgoing Attitude: You will need people and customer service skills to excel in this job. Not only will you interact with your employees every day, but you will also need to assist customers when they have questions, concerns or complaints. Put on a happy face and address these issues in a professional manner.
- Attentive: This is not a position where you can sit back, forget about the people around you and do your own thing. Your job is to be attentive to your employees by motivating them to succeed and improve. Even if business is slow, keep your staff in high spirits and be as helpful as possible to customers and clients.
- 1 to 2 years of supervisory/management experience is a plus, and familiarity with the rent-to-own and/or wheel and tire industries is desirable but not necessary.
- Candidates must have a clean driving history and will be asked to provide a valid state driver’s license.
- We conduct a drug screen and background check.
RNR offers competitive base pay, commission, bonuses, a 401K and health care benefits, as well as dental, vision and life insurance, plus vacation and sick time.